Blue Ribbon Schools, Gorgeous Homes And A First Class Golf Course!
Stevenson Ranch is a beautiful, well planned community just west of the 5 freeway tucked in the foothills of the breathtaking Santa Susana Mountains. It is an affluent community close to shopping, freeway access, restaurants, services and schools. It is also a fairly new community established in 1988. The developers of Stevenson Ranch set aside a thousand acres of land for lush, green parks, wide open spaces and recreational areas for families to enjoy! Stevenson Ranch is also one of the safest places to live, being 77% safer than any other city in the US! The whole community is only 6.4 square miles but they’ve packed a lot into it. From award winning schools, beautiful bike paths, a wide variety of housing options to the Stevenson Ranch Shopping Center. There are always plenty of things to do and enjoy in Stevenson Ranch! One of my favorite things about Stevenson Ranch are all the streets are named after famous authors? Imagine living on Shakespeare Lane or Hemingway Avenue or my favorite, Thackery Lane which is actually misspelled! It was named after the 19th century English novelist William Makepeace Thackeray! A little known fact until today!
Why Stevenson Ranch?
Once You See It You Won't Have To Ask!
Stevenson Ranch was created in 1988 and named after, Jeff Stevenson of Lennar Corp. He was one of Stevenson Ranch’s master developers. Stevenson Ranch is actually it’s own community and not part of the Santa Clarita City but instead is an unincorporated area of the Los Angeles County. Besides the warm Mediterranean weather, one of the main reasons citizens flock to Stevenson Ranch is because of the schools! Stevenson Ranch has elementary, middle and high schools and they all are award winning recipients. These include Stevenson Ranch Elementary, Pico Canyon Elementary, Rancho Pico Junior High, and West Ranch High School. In addition to award winning schools Stevenson Ranch homes for sale also offers a stunning golf course to enjoy with your friends. Set in the heart of Stevenson Ranch, and founded by former Australian Tour player George Kelley is the award winning Stevenson Ranch Golf Club. The Stevenson Ranch Golf Range is one of the finest golf courses in the state of California, complete with 18 Championship holes, an award winning practice area, chipping area, putting green and a world-class Performance Centre and Golf Academy. There is also the beautiful amphitheater which offers outdoor entertainment on cool summer evenings. Stevenson Ranch homes for sale may be a fairly new community but it has had it’s share of drama. One of the more famous stories is the relocation of the 400 year old oak tree, dubbed “Old Glory.” The tree was intended to be cut down in order to widen Pico Canyon Road from two lanes to four. When one of Stevenson Ranch’s citizens heard the news he decided to camp out in the tree for 72 days! Although the tree was eventually moved to the 21 acre, Pico Canyon Park, it somehow managed to stay alive and is still there today!
Stevenson Ranch Homes For Sale
Gated Communities, Top Rated Schools, Perfect Location
Stevenson Ranch homes for sale range in price from the mid 300’s to multi million dollar homes. There are apartments, condos/townhomes, single family homes and gated communities all within Stevenson Ranch. Stevenson Ranch homes for sale average an owner occupancy rate of 73% with the remaining 27% being rented. There are approximately 20K people living in Stevenson Ranch. Stevenson Ranch homes for sale are always expanding with more and more people coming into the neighborhood. The average median home price in Stevenson Ranch is 567K with the average median household income averaging 114K. Stevenson Ranch homes for sale average an appreciation rate of 19.70% over the previous year! With appreciation like that it’s easy to see why Stevenson Ranch homes for sale is so popular!
©2017 CRMLS. All rights reserved. Some listings on this website are from CRMLS as of March 26, 2017 3:30 PM PT The information being provided is for consumers personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.